Resources for Patients and Professionals
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT) - This professional organization's website includes a "find a therapist" link as well as everything you need to know about cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). You can also find information about the best self-help books dealing with CBT for most psychological problems.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) - This organization's site includes a "find a therapist" resource as well as educational information about anxiety and related disorders.
- International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) - This organization's site includes a "find a therapist" link as well as loads of resources for people suffering with OCD and related problems.
- OCD Challenge - The OCD Challenge is an interactive online self-help program for those living with OCD. It can be used on your own or in conjunction with a therapist.
- OCD Support Group in the NC Research Traingle area - This is an opportunity to receive support, share resources, and learn about OCD.
Free Stuff for Consumers and Professionals
The Dimensional Obsessive-Compulsive Scale (DOCS) is a questionnaire that I and some colleagues developed to measure the severity of OCD symptoms in 4 categories: (a) Contamination, (b) Fears of causing harm, (c) Unacceptable or "taboo" thoughts, and (d) Symmetry, order, and completeness. Learn more...
1. The DOCS scale
2. The research article describing how the DOCS was developed (more information here)
3. The DOCS has its own Wikipedia page and its own website,
I use different forms and handouts in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for OCD and anxiety disorders. Feel free to use them in your own work:
1. Facts about OCD information sheet
2. Behavioral (Functional) Assessment form
3. Guidelines for Exposure sheet
4. Exposure Hierarchy form
5. Exposure Therapy Practice form
6. Self-Monitoring form
7. Help with Response Prevention form
8. List of Cognitive Distortions in OCD
9. Anxiety Sensitivity Index - 3rd version
10. Body Vigilance Scale